TONGUE TWISTERS FOR ACTORS (and Speakers)
Good speech is an essential part of being a good actor. Exercising your mouth with difficult tongue twisters keeps your mouth fit for purpose.
Here are TEN new tongue twisters to work on at home. Do each tongue twister EIGHT times, getting quicker with each recitation.
- Mommala Poppala Mommala Poppala
- Peggy Babcock
- I carried the married character over the barrier
- Honorificabilitudinatibus (From Shakespeare’s Loves Labours Lost)
- A regal rural ruler
- Green glass grass gleams
- A proper pot of coffee in a proper pot of coffee pot
- You Know New York, You Need New York, You Know You Need Unique New York (This was hard just to type out)
- Wrist Watch Wrist Watch
- Get Grandma Great Greek Grapes
Practice! Practice! Practice!